Define projection information for point cloud data, including geographic coordinates (usually latitude and longitude coordinates) and projection coordinates (plane coordinates calculated from projection). Note that when use this tool to define the projection information for point cloud data, they should not have projection information previously.
Click Data Management > Projections and Transformations > Define Projection
- Select Input file: The input file can be a single point cloud data file or multiple point cloud data files. File format: *.LiData.
Current File's Coordinate Name：Display the current coordinate name.
Filter: Users need to enter a customized coordinate system. By entering the coordinate system keywords, the corresponding coordinate system can be filtered from the Coordinate reference systems of the world table (for example: to set the point cloud coordinate system to WGS 84 / UTM Zone 49N, users can enter UTM 49N in the filter for fast screening, or enter its EPSG number 32649 for quick search.) Users can also import external coordinate system by clicking the Add Coordinate System button.
- Add Coordinate System: Users can add external coordinate system settings or customize coordinate system settings. LiDAR360 software provides four ways to add external coordinate system:
- Add Geographic Coordinate System
- Add Projected Coordinate System
Add Geographic Coordinate System
- Name: Users can customize the name of a geographic coordinate system .
- Name: Users can customize a datum name or select a known datum from the drop-down list.
- Spheroid: If a user selects the datum from the drop-down list, the ellipsoid parameter does not require to be entered.
- Name: The name of the spheroid.
- Semimajor Axis: Spheroid's major semiaxes.
- Inverse Flattening: Inverse flattening of the spheroid.
- Angular Unit:
- Name: Users can customize the angle unit name, or select the angle unit name from the drop-down list.
- Radians Per Unit: Define the unit of arc in the geographic coordinate system.
- Prime Meridian:
- Name: Users can customize the name of the central meridian, or select the name of the central meridian from the drop-down list.
- Longitude: Input the central meridian longitude.
Add Projected Coordinate System
- Name: Users can customize the name of a projection coordinate system.
- Name: Users can customize a projection name or select a known projection from the drop-down list. It should be noted that user-defined projections can be modified from a projection template selected from the drop-down list.
- Linear Unit:
- Name: Users can customize the linear unit name or select the linear unit name from the drop-down list.
- Meters per Unit: Input meters per unit.
- Geographic Coordinate System: Users can paste the geographic coordinate system parameters into the text box, or click to change.
When the user clicks on the Modify button, the following dialog box will pop up for modifying the geographic coordinate system.
The user can filter out the needed coordinate system through the filter operation, or can also add the geographic coordinate system through the New Geographic Coordinate System. Setting method is the same as Add Geographic Coordinate System.