Subdivision tool can divide a point cloud to a series of frames based on the user defined scales. Currently, for rectangle-division, LiDAR360 supports four subdivision scales: a scale of 1:5000 (taken to 1 km), 1:2000 (taken to 0.1 km), 1:1000 (taken to 0.1 km), and 1:500 (taken to 0.01km). The frame ID will be named by the coordinate number, which is composed of the southwest corner of the frame (Y coordinate + X coordinate). After the operation is completed, one or multiple LiData file will be generated. A vector file in shp format will also be generated recording each subdivided frame.
Click Data Management > Point Cloud Tools > Subdivision
- Input LiData File: Input the point cloud data to be subdivided. If the point cloud data is already open in the software, click the drop-down button to select the data; or you can click to open external point cloud data. Click to remove the selected data. Click to clear the data list. File format: *.LiData.
- Subdivision by Rectangle: Use "Subdivision by Rectangle". Scale is 1:500 by default.
- Subdivision by Latitude and Longitude: Use "Subdivisions of Graticules". Scale is 1:500 by default.
- Scale: Users can choose the scale of the division. For rectangle-division, LiDAR provides four scales, including 1:500, 1:1000, 1:2000, 1:5000. For subdivisions of graticules, LiDAR provides eleven scales, including 1:500, 1:1000, 1:2000, 1:5000, 1:10000, 1:25000, 1：50000, 1:100000, 1:250000, 1:500000, 1:1000000.
- Output Path: The path for the output folder. After running this function, the new divisions will be generated.