This function classifies buildings in point cloud data.
Click Classify > Classify Buildings
- Input Data: The input file can be a single point cloud data file or a point cloud dataset, which must be opened in the LiDAR360 software and has already been classified by ground points.
- From Class: Source class(es).
- Ground Class: The default ground point is 2-class.
- To Class: Target class.
- Normal Radius (m, default value is "3"): The radius of the neighborhood when calculating the normal vector of each point in the point cloud. Usually set to 4-6 times the distance between points.
- Angle Threshold (°, default value is "10"): The angle threshold between two points in plane clustering. When the actual angle of two points is less than the threshold, the two points will be clustered into the same group.
- Elevation Tolerance (m, default value is "0.6"): The distance threshold from point to plane in plane clustering, which is expected to be slightly larger than the average point distance. When the actual distance is less than the threshold, the point and plane will be clustered into the same group.
- Minimum Points Number (default value is "100"): The minimum points number of building patches.
- Max Slope (°, default value is "60"): The angle between the plane and the vertical direction. Greater than this value is not considered as the top of the building but the wall or other classes.
- Max Building Size (m, default value is "60"): The maximum length of buildings, which was used for the detection of building patches between blocks.
- DefaultValue: Click this button to set all parameters as default.
Note: Using this function requires that the point cloud has been classified by ground points.