GreenValley International provides several aftersales services plans for hardware products. All GVI hardware device sales come with a Basic service (12 months) package which includes warranty repair and technical support. You can upgrade your service plan to Premium which adds annual maintenance services. Basic and Premium plan can be extended to a maximum of 2 additional years (3 years of warranty in total), in a continuous-time manner. You can purchase extended warranty at the point of purchasing the device, or renew the warranty before your current plan expires. Once your device becomes uncovered by any GVI warranty plans, no more warranty plans can be purchased.
- Warranty repair: All plans will cover the parts and labor for any device malfunction resulting from normal use. GVI will arrange for repair and shipping at no cost if the problem falls under this limited warranty. GVI sales and warranty repair services will be performed under the Incoterms 2010 CPT. If GVI determines that the issue in question is not covered by this limited warranty, you will have to pay for repair services and round-trip shipping. GVI will not start repair until you agree to the cost for repair quoted by GVI. If you disagree with the cost for repair, GVI will return the product(s) with you burdening the cost of round-trip shipping. GVI reserves the right to inspect and determine whether the device is covered by this limited warranty.
- Paid repair services: If repair of the device is determined to be not covered by warranty, or if the warranty period expired, GVI provides paid repair services at your cost. You are responsible for shipping cost associated with paid repair services. Paid repair services will be performed under the Incoterms 2010 FCA.
- The warranty period of repaired components will be extended for 3 months.
- Repair time:
- LiAir 50, 100, 220: 1-2 months after GVI receives the device.
- LiAir 250, 1000: 1-3 months after GVI receives the device.
- LiBackpack: 1-2 months after GVI receives the device.
- Maintenance service: LiAir and LiBackpack are precision instruments with delicate components precisely installed. We recommend that you return your LiAir device to GVI to do maintenance service every 12 months or every 200 flights, whichever comes first, and return your LiBackpack to GVI to do maintenance service every 12 months, in order to keep your device at its finest condition with best data acquisition performance and accuracy.
- Maintenance time: GVI will contact you after getting the maintenance service request and arrange a maintenance start date which is in 4 weeks after a maintenance service is requested. Within 2 weeks of the maintenance start date or 2 weeks after receiving the device if the device is received later than the maintenance start date, GVI will finish maintenance work. (Note: if any malfunction or damages are found during the maintenance service and repair service is needed, the time period will be extended and additional repair cost may occur).
- Maintenance shipping: Shipping cost for maintenance service is NOT covered by GVI. Maintenance service will be performed under the Incoterms 2010 FCA.
- Replacement of Products and Parts: When after-sales service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes GVI’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered GVI products and parts are eligible for replacement. The replacement product or part provided by GVI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part. The replacement product or part shall be warranted for the balance of the period remaining on the original product. Products and parts presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished products or parts of the same type rather than being repaired.
Out of Coverage
The following damage/lost are not covered by any warranty plans:
- External damage due to non-manufacturing factors, including but not limited to crashing, soaking or fire damage.
- Damage caused by improper installation, incorrect use, or operation not in accordance with official instructions or manuals.
- Damage caused by using battery outside voltage range specified in official manuals.
- Damage caused by unauthorized modification, repair, disassembly, or shell opening not in accordance with official instructions or manuals.
- Product damage due to usage and storage in environments beyond that identified in the specifications.
- Device and parts lost happened when it’s not in your possession or transportation.
- Decoloration, normal wear and consumption caused over time.
- Product damage due to improper transportation, such as transporting outside the protective case provided or authorized by GVI, or transporting LiBackpack with the battery unremoved from its body battery shell.
- Damage caused by a non-authorized service provider.
Repair Service Procedure
Acceptance and Packaging Tips
When receiving product(s) from carrier, please inspect the packaging box and protective case. If damages are found with any parts of the package, please file a mishandling claim with carrier. Further, please follow the packaging list to check device component(s) inside to ensure that you have received all components and that they are all intact. If there are any unexpected conditions or problems, please contact GreenValley International at email@example.com immediately. Before shipping out the device to GVI, please follow GVI’s instruction to pack the device properly.
GVI sales and warranty repair services will be performed under the Incoterms 2010 CPT, and paid repair services and maintenance services will be performed under the Incoterms 2010 FCA. GVI is not responsible for any loss or damage when the device is not in GVI’s possession.
Limitation of Liability
During the Repair Service and Maintenance Service, GVI is not responsible for loss or disclosure of any data, including confidential information, proprietary information, or personal information, contained in the device.