LiDAR360 Release Notes
- Improved batch extraction function for DBH (Diameter at Breast Height)
- LiData upgrade
Automatic calculation of flight strips matching parameters
The matching points and correlation planes of adjacent flight strips now can be automatically extracted for strip adjustment and the placement error can be also estimated. This can significantly reduce the workload of the operators and errors induced by manual measurements can be reduced as well. A more balanced correction result can be obtained.
UAV ground point clouds classification
Generally speaking, the point cloud data scanned by small aircraft and UAV are denser and their ground points are thicker. If extracted from traditional large aircraft-based algorithm, the ground points will be thick and uneven. Using this method, relatively thinner and smoother ground points in the middle layer of thicker ground points can be obtained.
Supervised classification based on machine learning
The 2.1 version adds supervised classification models based on machine learning to support vegetation classification as well as classification of other land surface objects. By selecting a small amount of data as training samples, a lidar point cloud can be automatically classified based on the machine learning model obtained from the training samples. Moreover, after the classification, the quality can be checked manually, and LiDAR360's interactive interface can be used to edit the classification results.
（1）Support to revise ground point filtering results of a defined region. In areas where the ground points filtering result is inaccurate, we now provide filtering tools with various algorithms, including TIN filter, slope filter and quadric surface filter as a way to revise the ground point filtering results in these areas separately.
TIN filter: the most adaptable and the most effective. In most cases, reasonable parameter settings can help to get better results, however, TIN filter involves more parameters.
Quadric surface filter: quadric surface is fitted by the point cloud in the window of specified size and the ground point is separated according to the height difference threshold of the surface. The classification effect and efficiency are affected by the window size. It’s suitable for an area with a certain extent of topographic changes that are not very steep.
Supports cross section analysis. Point cloud can be extracted along a cross section line from manual drawing or external cross section maps. In the section map, the track can be traced.
（3）Supports vector editing. The new vectorization functions of buildings, roads, water bodies and woodlands are added. The vectorization results of SHP and DXF formats can be generated to support seamless docking with the third-party software such as ArcGIS and AutoCAD.
（4）Supports subset LiDAR point cloud based on the number of points, which is suitable for airborne LiDAR data that requires to consider both space and point density in the subsetting process.
（5）Support to generate of TIF images with projection information.
（6）Supports richer terrain product formats, including a new ASC format for grid data and a new DXF format for the contour line.
- Improved DEM/DSM interpolation algorithm
- Improved the efficiency of generating contour lines
- Improved the efficiency of single individual tree segmentation algorithm (individual tree segmentation from point cloud and individual tree segmentation based on seed point)
（3）Classification by attribute
- Generate segmentation seed layer based on CHM/Point Cloud Segmentation and Layer Stacking.
- Seed layer editing.
- Batch-processed segmentation based on input Seed layer.
- Ground Classification using TLS data.
- Generate and edit segmentation Seed layer.
- Batch-processed segmentation based on input Seed layer.
- Classification for key feature points. By identify the key surface points, this allows the down-sampling of relatively flat areas thus improving processing efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- More user input parameters and options.
Power Line Module
- Create vector output for power line and tower classifications.
- Real-time measurement of the distances from any given point to the closest power line and tower.
- Improved TIN display.
- Setting point cloud display point size for individual layers.
- Automatically identify point cloud center point and set it as rotation center.
- Display shapefile layer attribute table.
- Identify and locate the corresponding individual tree in the viewer by double-clicking a row in the segmentation result list table.
- General performance improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Added power line module, main functions include: mark the tower position, cut the point cloud data based on the tower position, automatic classification of power line and tower, dangerous points detection and report generation;
- Added selection toolbar, include polygon selection, rectangle selection, sphere selection, in cut, out cut, save cut and cancel selection;
- Added real-time TIN auxiliary editing point cloud classification;
- Added merge multiple files into one function;
- Profile editing and selection function supports back to the previous status using Ctrl+Z.
- CHM segmentation algorithm improvement, users can adjust more parameters and can generate the shape file of tree boundary;
- The registration function added the residual report, and users can choose the points for coordinate transformation;
- Cross selection result can be export;
- The parameters setting for batch processing for multiple files and multiple functions can be import and export;
- The efficiency improvement of profile editing;
- Users can choose whether to generate minor, basic and major contour when use point cloud to contour and TIN to contour functions;
- Added seven parameters transformation for reproject function;
- The results of Clip by Circle and Clip by Rectangle can be exported as one file, or save as individual file according to the extent of circle or rectangle;
- The real-time coordinates in the status bar are more accurate;
- The improvement of user’s navigating experience.
- Added generate TIN, TIN edit, TIN to Contour, TIN to DEM functions;
- Added Grid Volume Statistics function;
- Added Camera Roam and Save to Video functions, can be routed by viewports or by pos file;
- Bug fixed for memory leak when load ply data.
- PLY data import and export added to I/O module;
- Elevation difference, overlap and density quality reports added to strip adjustment module;
- Subsampling based on octree, point cloud convert to DXF added to data management module;
- Power line classification;
- Support for mix and glass coloring modes in rendering.
- Batch process for multi-files and multi-functions;
- Geometric correction (support point cloud registration based on points or sphere targets).
- Speed improvements for contour generation based on point cloud;
- Users can set the properties of minor, basic and major contours for point cloud to contour; the elevation attributes can be read.
- Shows the boundary of concave polygon for area measurements;
- The resolution of surface model is not limited to 0.5m.
- Bug fixed when open multiple csv files, opening one incorrect file would create an error for the other;
- Bug fixed for windows 10 operation system, window flash caused by EDL effect;
- Bug fixed for stepwise regression;
- Bug fixed for software crash caused by opening old version of LiData;
- Bug fixed for software crash when opening the point cloud with unstandardized projection.
Free version of LiDAR360, main functions including data visualization and grid statistics.
First version release of LiDAR360
First version release of LiDAR360
LiMapper Release Notes
- Improve the visualization and saving of ground control points, which support to import ground control points in geographic coordinate system or projected coordinate system, and save ground control points and their corresponding paired images point;
- Add more accuracy levels for dense image matching, including ultra-high precision, high precision, medium precision and low precision;
- Add the option of whether to perform color unifying and color correction in the orthophoto mosaic module;
- Support editing stitching lines of multi-spectral data;
- Support changing of visualization color bar for DEM / DSM, and improve hillshade display effect for DEM / DSM;
- Support adjusting the point size of a point cloud in 3D view;
- Add the EDL display mode in 3D view;
- Optimize the image information panel, in which the inclination angle can be displayed and the columns in a table can be sorted;
- Optimize the workspace panel, in which images can be displayed in groups and registration number of each group can be shown as well;
- Improve the visualization of the progress bar ;
- Add tips for insufficient hard disk space;
- Support resetting POS information;
- Support adjusting the size of bounding box can be adjusted, and selecting area of interest for data procession.
- Support opening multiple instances of the software at the same time
- Add project templates, including templates for checking flight quality, 3D point cloud production, and mosaicking orthophoto;
- Improve the algorithm for unifying ray and color and reducing the color difference of after image stitching, which has better adaptability for underexposed images;
- Support to generate more accurate image mosaicking results by using LiDAR-based high-precision digital elevation models;
- Improve the aerotriangulation algorithm and the algorithm of mosaicking orthophotos, and support big data (300 million pixels per image) processing;
- Improve the sparse point cloud filtering algorithm to noise points;
- Improve the dense image matching algorithm to increase the module stability;
- Add new project wizard to simplify the operation process;
- Support multi-spectral data, including processing images with multiple bands simultaneously and exporting mosaicked multi-spectral data;
- Support switching the quality report language between English and Chinese, and add more data statistics in the quality report, such as flight strip overlap rate, study site area, average flight height, and operation time;
- Modify the default output resolution of DOM / TDOM to resolution of the original image;
- Support writing the focal length information when the orthoscopic image is exported
- Add close project function.
- Support opening a project by dragging and dropping the project file into the software window;
- Compatible with project files of lower versions (v2.0 and v1.4).
- Fix the accidental collapse when executing feature matching;
- Fix the accidental collapse when executing DSM / DEM interpolation;
- Fix the lack of data block in dense image matching;
- Fix the problem of unresponsive workspace panel when selecting images by pressing “ctrl + A”;
- Fix the problem that CUDA option is forced to activate when reopening the setting dialog after restarting the software;
- Fix the problem that the software works improperly due to lack of administrator rights.